vendredi 25 septembre 2015

ACCOUNT OF RACE: THE TRIATHLON CHANTILLY CASTLE

Last Sunday, I took my second triathlon starting at size M (1.6km swim, 40km bike, 10km running), that of the Château de Chantilly, here's my report.
IMG_6213
Traditional racing picture with too much pink clothes.
After waking at 4 o'clock in the morning (I nearly missed because I had programmed wrong), I get up to leave my dogs before departure. The Bastille area takes on another dimension and I exchange with lots of very drunk people in the street (to the girl who told me "but not must not pick madame," I thank you for that advice and pity, stop drinking).
I shower, put on my clothes and jump on my bike to join my friends at Gare de Lyon to take the first single & RER day to Chantilly. (Again, great moment of loneliness during the journey by explaining a few Apollos in 206 that no, I was not going to a party).
In short, I agree with the boys, we jump on the RER and meets a lovely volunteer with whom we discuss triathlon, marathon Athletics & the whole way. We quickly arrived at Chantilly (it is not even 7 am), and gently towards the Castle. It is rather cool but we're all fit and in good spirits.
IMG_6225
Sunrise on the Castle
Just arrived is recovered our bibs. I cross Stéven  that align from the Gauntlet (1.9km swim, bike 90KM, running 21.1km) filing my bike and I begin to settle my affairs.
IMG_6228
The boys are preparing
Once our business ready, we'll go watch the start Gauntlet, I am reassured when I see many people who are Indian or breaststroke swimming. I'm not one to swim like a stone.
IMG_6234
"She's cold? "" Yes, and we see nothing! "
After tasting the water (which is advertised at 18 °), it goes back to the bike park. I agree with my girlfriend Isa, which will start in the same wave as I, while boys will go forward.
I put on for the second time in my life my wetsuit, the first fitting that occurred the previousTriathlon Store  (which I once again thank the seller for its great tips that have prevented me from myself coat of Vaseline and take sunburn). FYI I opted for Orca S5  I'm super happy.
Then down for the start of the race. I'm much less stressed than in Paris because this time I know I can do it. Ideally I want to improve my time, but I do not put myself pressure.
11923232_10153091484698176_5605825360809265546_nWe jump in the water, on foot, there is a lot of mud. I think back to Matthew who spoke to me the day before, it is very sweet indeed!
Departure is launched, I go quietly behind, I know my pace and I stand. I feel much better than in Paris since there is no seaweed and the combination helps me float. I do not crame me and I alternate & breaststroke crawl all the way without taking shots. I will conclude by 4mn 45mn or less than in Paris. I know it really remains poor as overall time, but at least I made progress!
I go out of the pool and I run towards my bike. Unlike Paris, there are still people when I arrive at the park, which confirms me that I improved my time (I do not know at the time, I do everything on instinct and I'll pay a bit later).
Once part, I spend a great while, I go up a few people, the map is crazy and offers more vertical drop than in Paris (+ 550m). I enjoy, except that the route will be 45km, not 40. So I improved my time at global (1:38 to 1:41 against Paris 40km to 45km Chantilly) but I still lose 3 minutes on my reference time.
cts-chantilly-sun_1584069
Arriving on the run, I know I worked my transition and that I would not have the "wooden leg" that had been so painful to Paris. So I go on my usual pace, and I make the first kilometers in the shaded forest is super nice and I begin to see the end!
Except that it was not. I have no watch, no markup. I have no idea how far I've come and I left too quickly, that's running on instinct ... Running on the rugged terrain, I twist a little ankle, nothing serious but I feel that I must not push and I'm getting very hot.
cts-chantilly-sun_1595914
After the 5th kilometer, there are large portions of sunlight at the edge of the parking lot racing Racecourse. It is past noon, the sun hits, I hurt my ankle and I'm dying of heat. I do the thing I hate the most: I walk. And I'll never really leave until the end. I go out in 1:02 for 10km, making it so the 10k longest of my life.
I finally crossed the finish line in 3:37 or 15 minutes more than in Paris. It was long ! But I am really happy with my race, I had a better feel less scared swimming & more ease on the bike. If I had not miserably pitched my running, it would have been perfect!
I join my friends who I confirm: it was harder than in Paris! And nobody could beat his PR on this course.
IMG_6243
Medallists
But in absolute good I still loved the event at the same time if I know I still have much to improve, I intend to make another as soon as possible! I am even trying to seriously consider the idea of ​​a Half-Ironman next year.
And if you want to triathlon, registrations for the sort of Chantilly are already open  with a 25% rate if you take your number now!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire